Friday, September 12, 2008

Artpieces I like

Showcase Singapore was an Art Fair that drew participation from twenty-three major international Art Galleries and was held at City Hall for the first time in Southeast Asia from 9 - 12 September 2008. I went to this exhibition on a last-minute impulse. I had enjoyed this exhibition very much and it was wonderful to be able to see contemporary art that is contrary to the way I have always perceived them. Wandering amongst the art displays at my own time and pace, I had a truly pleasant time at this exhibition. Fortunately, photography without flash was allowed. The pieces in the slideshow are those that I really like. I tried my best to put in the names of the artists and/or the name of the work shown here. For those that I am unable to name, my sincere apologies to that artists. I am very impressed by the artists Kumi Yamashita and Wim Delvoye and will check out their websites.



Check out the Singapore Biennial 2008.

No comments: