Monday, January 28, 2008

Time-out at Vivocity

While the rest of Singapore were buying up the shops, I was in the midst of the frenzied crowd at Vivocity recharging my lifeforce batteries. A teapot of Passion fruit tea at a corner cafe did the job and I almost had the whole place to myself with an unobstructed view of the goings-on outside. The cafe had soothing new-age piano music and I could not have asked for a better place to hang out while waiting for my son to finish his school activities so that I can pick him up from a station nearby. Here's how I passed my time without burning a hole in my pocket shopping for things that I already have:
From studying the items before me on the table...
to sketching this baby all wrapped up in the pram a few tables away...

to these two characters outside the cafe. The one on the left was apparently waiting for someone and the girl on the right was tending a push-cart. As business was slack she spent more time on her handphone while perched dangerously on this stylish high chair than on selling her wares.

No comments: