Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Singapore River in the early 1980s

Back in the early 1980s I used a Pentex SLR camera (it is still functioning today) to record scenes of the Singapore River. The printed photos have deteriorated with age and to prevent memories from fading into oblivion, I photographed these old photos and digitally manipulated some of them to show how much the river has changed over a span of twenty over years. At the end of viewing the following photos you could scroll down to the previous post to see what Singapore River looks like today.
The river and the bumboats
The river activities
The buildings
The Artists


My work comprising two digitally manipulated photos made to look like paintings and sketches made on site on discarded computer punch cards that I had used in my university days.






No comments: