Friday, April 9, 2010

Telok Blangah Hill top is that place in Singapore that gives you a feeling of space and being closer to heaven on mornings when the sun is shining and people are out to breathe in air that pollution from the roads could not reach.
I love the feeling of the fifties just by looking at these balustrades. I hope they do not get torn down or be replaced. Sometimes we need reminders of the days when we were young. If everything goes the way of modernity, where could we find respite from all the hustle and bustle around us?




Sun blessed terrace.
Making our way toward the Henderson Waves.
The joggers and aunties and people like my friend and I had this bridge almost all to ourselves.

The bird that flew away - I thought I was staring at a bunch of withered leaves when the form I was looking at shifted position and took off into the air. Aiyah! Why did not have my tele lens?
In the distance, this new condominum development rose uncertainly amidst the lush green surroundings of Telok Blangah Hill.
No, your eyes are not playing tricks on you, the cluster of buildings were intended to look like a bunch of drunkards in the way they were designed.
Give me a piece of land to build a house that looks like a house anytime.
Flower of the Trumpet tree. I picked it up from the ground because it was so pretty and undeserving of its fate.
Sentosa island in the background. The pillars of the Cable Car system without the cables and the cars because of the process of renewal.
I like pavilions like these, so old-style and nostalgic.
Walking towards the Marang Trail that led us to Vivocity.

1 comment: