Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Pulau Ubin - The Mangrove Swamp

This is one place that I have been to many times over the growing-up years of my children. We walked, cycled, looked at mounds of termite nests, stopped for snacks and numerous drinks of water, crashed into bushes because the bikes could not be stopped in time, looked for rubber seeds, durians and were awed by the colourful jungle fowls that looked like ring fighters. Our kids have now outgrown the Pulau Ubin activities for families and hopefully this island will be preserved for them to take their kids there some day.

Last Wednesday, I went to Ubin with a friend and we were there from about 10.30am till 5.30pm. As usual I have taken tons of photos during our exploration of part of the island and I am going to take a very long time to come up with the complete set that documents the memorable day spent in a carefree and stress-free environment. So I am going to upload my photos in instalments starting with the Mangrove Boardwalk and the Coastal Boardwalk over Chek Jawa.














No comments: